If you want to export clips form Final Cut Pro X and bring them into other applications (add effects in Motion, Nuke, or Syntheyes) then you should check out ClipExporter
“ClipExporter opens exported Final Cut Pro X projects (fcpxml) and exports each clip as a Quicktime reference movie, Nuke file or Syntheyes importable file. It creates shot based folders with custom subfolders and extends each clip with handle frames.”
Check out this demo video to see how ClipExporter works.
Here’s a list of Features, Known issues, and System Requirements
- Exports Quicktime reference movies.
- Exports Nuke files. All in-/out-frames and timeline positions match your exported Final Cut Pro X project.
- Export for Syntheyes. A custom (.synInfo) file format is created for import in Syntheyes. Therefore an importer sizzle-script is required, which can be downloaded here.
- Adds handle frames (optionally). Extends each clip length by a given number of frames.
- Creates shot based folders with naming conventions.
- Creates subfolders (optionally).
- Saves disc space by refering to the original source media. No files are copied.
- Retimed clips are not supported.
- Effects, translations, animations and every other Final Cut Pro X related modification on a clip will be discarded.
- Video-clips with unsupported or odd fps (frames per second) values could cause inaccurate timming results. We encountered such problems while using unconverted iPhone videos that were shot with the built-in camera app.
- Nuke export only: using compound, multicam or audition clips and not having the clips on the primary storyline will result in odd Nuke timeline positions. This does not affect the in- / out-points and durations./li>
You need at least Final Cut Pro X v10.0.1 and a Mac running OS X 10.6.8 or above.
Download ClipExporter now in the Mac App Store for $15.99.
Jasper Thayer is the developer of FinalCutProX.net
He has over 15 Apple Pro Certifications for video editing and special effects including Apple Certified Trainer for Final Cut Pro X and Apple Certified Trainer for Motion 5. Jasper is also an AWS Certified Developer and AWS Certified Solutions Architect.
FinalCutProX.net is known worldwide for its unmatched excellence in providing top-quality Final Cut Pro X tutorials. Subscribe to our mailing list to remain updated on the latest info about Final Cut Pro X tips, tricks, and tutorials.